I’ve been waiting to write a blog on this look for the longest time and what better time to post than Halloween season? This is a really simple and fun arts-and-crafts-type project for those looking for a little pop of color from their lashes but not something that’s too crazy that they would feel self-conscious in. Best part is, you can customize the color scheme to whatever you want! I chose to do a neon-colored theme which is perfect for raves, glow-in-the-dark events, 80s themed costumes, and pretty much anything that welcomes a wide range of bright colors.
What you need:
- Elegant Lashes D413 Decorated Lashes (available here: http://falseeyelashessite.com/D413-Decorated-Eyelash.html)
- Nail polish of various neon colors
- Toothpick or nail art dotting tool
- Tissues/napkins to clean off nail polish on toothpick/dotting tool (optional)
- Brush the polish of your choice onto the end of your toothpick or dotting tool.
- Carefully place the dot of polish onto one of the ivory diamonds on the lashes. Make sure you coat the corners of the diamond for best results.
- Repeat above steps until all ivory diamonds are coated with polish.
- You’re done!
Don’t forget to wait for the polish to completely dry before you attempt putting them on. If you find that the lash band is too long for your eye shape, cut off the outer corners a little bit.
I love the way mine turned out! The eyelash itself is surprisingly wearable since the basic shape is a nicely fanned-out spiky lash with average density and a reasonable length. I was pleasantly surprised to see how nice it made my eyes look. =P
Ready for a photo parade?
Take a look at the differences between a normal Elegant Lashes D413 eyelash and my newly created neon bling version. The unexpected burst of colors that show whenever I blink or look down definitely keep this lash style from being anything but boring!
There are hundreds of color schemes you can come up. Best of all, it only take a few minutes to create and complete your very own set of customized lashes! Perfect for Halloween, don’t you think?
If I were to categorize my neon-themed lashes to a specific costume, I guess it would best be categorized as something related to Lisa Frank. (Anybody remember Lisa Frank?!? Oh man, I just visited their ridiculously colorful website and came back with an eyesore in 20 seconds flat.)
For those of you who don’t know, Lisa Frank is pretty much unicorn barf come to life: tons of neon colors, stars, sparkles, and of course, unicorns.
Is this little project something you’d want to try? What are you planning to be for Halloween? Let us know in the comments section! Don’t forget to Like and share this post using the handy social media buttons below!